You have seen all of the commercials, and you have heard from friends, family, and even your dentist on how great they work. Now you venture to the store to purchase one, only to find out that there are dozens of options to choose from. Which one is best? Do you go with the more expensive option? Or do you go with the more affordable option? Shopping for the perfect electric toothbrush can definitely be a challenge. One thing that they all seem to have in common is that they cost more than the regular toothbrushes. You can definitely expect to pay over $40 for any electric toothbrush, unless you find a really good sale. After looking at several different electric toothbrushes and getting feedback from others who have used different ones, I came up with the list below. You will find my top picks for the electric toothbrush. If your top pick is not listed you can feel free to add it to the comments section below this article. Most of the electric toothbrushes listed can be found at your local Wal-Mart store.
- The first one on the list is the Sonic Flex Care RS930 Sonic Power Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer. You will find this electronic toothbrush at Wal-Mart, and it will cost you about $159. The reason why the price is so much higher, when compared with the other electric toothbrushes is due to the UV sanitizer that comes with it. You are basically getting two items in one package. If you buy the items separately you will probably end up paying more. Not much more, but a slightly higher price. You will get your basic electric toothbrush with the detachable brush head. You will need to use the sanitizer to clean the brush head and be sure to change it often. This electric toothbrush has plenty of power, and it is gently enough to use on your gums.
- Next on the list is the Sonicare Advance 4100 Electric Toothbrush. This is a basic and more affordable option for those looking for their first electric toothbrush. Yu will need a sanitizer to go with this toothbrush. It is very powerful, and stays charged for a long time, even off of the base. Just be sure to put it back on the base after two days. The head is detachable, and should be replaced every few months. The price for this electric toothbrush is $60, and can be found at Wal-mart, and Target stores. You can also find them at select Walgreens stores.
- The Bruan/ Oral B Vitality Precision Clean Rechargeable Toothbrush is an even cheaper option. The price for this is just $20 at your local Wal-mart, which is the cheapest I have seen anywhere. It is not as powerful as the more expensive options, but it does clean better than the manual toothbrush. It is great for cleaning your gums, since it is so gentle. It does have a re-chargeable battery, but it does not last very long.
- The Braun Professional Care Power Toothbrush with Stepless Speed Control will cost you just $78. It definitely gets the job done, when it comes to giving your mouth a clean look and feel. You will find that many dentist recommended this particular toothbrush. The adjustable speed control is also a huge plus. This toothbrush can also be found at Wal-mart and Target locations.
- Last but not least is the Sonicare 2 handle 5350 Sonic Power Toothbrush. This toothbrush will cost you about $90 to $100 at most Wal-mart and Target locations. You definitely get what you pay for with this toothbrush. It is perfect for any person, since it will adjust to what your mouth needs. You will have a fresher mouth and really feel like your teeth are clean. It is like visiting the dentist office in your own bathroom. It also is the best option for removing stains from teeth. If you are a smoker, or a heavy coffee drinker you may want to purchase this toothbrush to get those long lasting stains out.
These are just a handful of the electric toothbrushes available but if you are on the lookout for a relatively lower priced one, then it is best to consult your dentist or attend a dental convention conference and you will get your answer.