Cosmetic Dentistry has grown from shaping and whitening to replacing teeth and closing spaces. The Los Alamitos Dentist has skills, tools, and techniques to help you enhance your smile. The common procedures are very simple, while some need special care.
Inlays & Onlays [Indirect fillings]
- Used to fill moderate or mild decay in a tooth.
- An inlay is used when tooth cusps are not damaged
- An inlay is directly placed on the tooth surface.
- The outlay is used to cover the entire surface of the tooth as cusps are damaged.
- They restore teeth shape, strengthen it, and avoid more deterioration or decay.
- Repairs damaged, discolored, or decayed teeth with a material resembling tooth enamel coloring is referred to as composite bonding.
- The dentist drills tooth decay, applies specific composite onto the surface of the tooth, sculpts it in the right shape, and cures it using a high-intensity light.
- Less expensive procedure for people suffering from chipped, cracked or decayed teeth.
- First, tartar, plaque, and other buildup get cleaned from every tooth surface.
- Teeth are bleached to revive their natural appearance.
- Teeth get stained due to personal habits, food, drinks or medication, which gets coated with whitening.
- Dental veneers are customized for every patient to resemble their natural teeth.
- They look realistic.
- Many cosmetic issues ranging from cracked enamel to crooked teeth to visible gaps can be resolved.
- A veneer is applied to every tooth using dental adhesive.
- After tooth loss, dental implants are recommended.
- A small titanium screw is inserted inside the jaw, at missing tooth site for crown support.
- Soon the supporting tissue and the bone fuse to the inserted implant to secure it permanently.
- Implants are subtle because they blend well with the other natural teeth.
Practice oral hygiene diligently!